Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mario Page Finish!

WOOO! I thought I'd be done with this page sooner, since I really didn't have much left, but it took me a little extra time. Tonight, though, I finished! So now I must work on Tiny Rose Garden Mandala until it's finished, as a thank you... for... THIS:


Sorry about the paint samples on my walls - picking paint colors is difficult (I'm going with the green, by the way). That's the blanket my friend crocheted for me, on my Queen-sized bed. She made each square individually and then had to crochet them all together. It's warm and fluffy and I love snuggling under it. I know a little stitched throw pillow isn't much, but it's something and it came from the heart so that is what I will do.

Now, for Mario.

Before:


After:


Mario - darklilac.com self made chart
Stitching on 22 count white Aida
2 threads over 1 with DMC

I really like how he's turning out. One full and one partial page done to the end of the row, and then I'm going to start working on it vertically starting with the next row. 

I've been trying to find an exercise I like doing. I really liked pole-dancing when I did it, but I can't afford it right now. (If you've never tried it - DO IT! It makes you feel like a sexy, powerful, confident GODDESS. The only side-effect is that once you've gone upside down down a pole without using your hands, you'll want to try your moves on every pole you walk by.) I have gym membership and do weight lifting (I try twice a week but sometimes only do once). I like running when  Boyfriend and I could go together, but we can't right now so no likey. I do like to walk, though. So I'm going to try to walk 50 miles a month for a total of 600 in the year. Keeping track and will report at the end of each month. We'll see how I do! 

12 comments:

Blu said...

What a gorgeous gift from your friend!
Mario looks great.

Kaisievic said...

Love your crocheted rug and Mario is coming along really nicely. I walk - a minimum of 3 km a week plus I swim about 60 x 25m laps a week. I really enjoy both these kinds of exercise, especially the swimming it really gives your mind a chance to unwind.

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

P.S. Good luck with your walking.

cucki said...

wow very beautiful crochet rug,,i love it so much..
mario is really coming along so lovely..keep it up..
happy walking and stitching too..
love cucki xx

sharine said...

What a beautiful rug! Mario looks fantastic.

Lonneke said...

That blanket is gorgeous! What a great gift.
Mario looks great.Congrats on your page finish.
And good luck with the walking.

Pauline said...

your Mario is great!

Unknown said...

That quilt is gorgeous! You're very lucky to have a friend like that. :)

Mario is looking nice, and I'm looking forward to seeing the Tiny Rose Garden finish!

StitchyDon said...

I just love the mario design, it is coming on really well!!!

lesli said...

Beautiful progress on Mario! My son saw your picture and loved it!

That blanket is so nice, your friend put some hard work into that...crocheting each one together is no small feat!!

Valentina said...

Love the blanket!!! And your Mario too!!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Lovely finish :)

Joysze said...

Oh my, that blankie is gorgeous!! And your gift to her will be equally as gorgeous and I bet to differ... I'm sure she'll love it and it IS a lot. I know how much time goes into Chatelaines. :)

Great choice on the wall color btw.

Mario is looking handsome!! Good luck with the walking.