Monday, May 18, 2020

Flapping Parrot 28 - page finish

I finished page 12 late last night! It was too late to post here, but it was a relief as my goal was to finish the page before the next round of Once Upon a Time SAL and I finished with a week to spare. Maybe even enough time to finish August's installment of the Legendary Creatures SAL. I'm not sure, but I'll try!

Before:

After:

I took a much needed day off today as a mental health day. I haven't been sleeping well and, naturally, my emotions have been all over the place. Honestly I can relax as much as I want but if I'm not sleeping everything goes to hell. So I took an extra day today, I'll have two three day weekends in a row, and I already feel loads better. Today I was a potato and alternated between video games (Spyro remake) and reading a trashy romance novel. H³ made me an espresso (that espresso machine is the gift that keeps on giving) - I had it with some ladyfingers and just feel like I've been living my best life today. Back to work tomorrow, but so glad I just TOOK a day. I also have so much PTO I'm going to max out soon so I should take the odd day here and there anywhere.

Tonight I'll start work on Legendary Creatures again for the week before the next Fairy Tale SAL, but for now I'm going to walk the dog as she's staring at me and urging me on.

Until next time, stay safe and happy stitching.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I can't wait to see more of the parrot:) I too struggle with my energy levels and it's so important to listen to your body. You're lucky to have someone looking after you too. I have to do it all myself which means that sometimes nothing gets done...

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Woohoo, another page finish!

It's a good idea to take some extra time off, you know when you need that break.