...was not a bust for me, but I can't share my progress. Saturday morning I decided that I wanted to stitch something for the giveaway winners. Then I decided that I wanted to hand-dye the fabric I was going to stitch on. Then I actually dyed it. And believe it or not by Sunday night I was already starting the second piece. I'm almost done, but as such I can't show you my progress. To the giveaway winners: I will be sending out the goodies by the end of the week!
It seems that I've been awarded a Liebster award both by Mangogirl (Caitlin) from Naughts & Cross Stitches and Adrienne from TryllaCraft!
"Liebster is a German word, meaning favorite, dearest or beloved, and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
4. Share five random facts about yourself that people don't know about you."
I found out that Adrienne nominated me after I already decided to nominate her, so I'm sticking to it.
1. TryllaCraft - A wonderful person with beautiful stitchy works in progress and also some divine card making skills I'm currently lusting after!
2. charbella stitching - With three little girls, I'm amazed sharine keeps her sanity! Her stitching is truly stunning and I love seeing the Barbie dresses she produces along with stories of her girls.
3. On My Needles - Chatelaines and HAEDs stitched by a sweet person. The first time I saw her WIPs I audibly gasped (and Boyfriend peered over to see what I was gasping about).
4. Heli's Stitchery - Heli is super nice and her HAEDs are amazing. She has also just jumped into the world of Chatelaines, because the blogging world is both a wonderful and awful influence!
5. Doll's Musings - Anne's blog is full of beautiful things, and not just stitching! From her cat Titus to her soft Victorian-inspired photography, every read is a wonderful journey.
Five random facts might be difficult. Hmmm...
1. I hate celery. With a passion. I'll only eat it to be polite, but I refuse to use it in my cooking and will pick it out of my food as long as I'm in a situation where it will not be rude.
2. I can't handle bloody/gory movies. Just can't do it. Boyfriend and I went to see Immortals in theaters, and I couldn't watch it. I covered my eyes for 85% of the movie.
3. I got my ears pierced when I was 19. My mother had to hold me down in the chair. I now want to get my bellybutton pierced, but am afraid that I'm too out of shape and also too old to do it anymore.
4. I love home improvement shows and secretly look for Matt Muenster when I go into any home improvement store.
5. I'm terrified of bears. Absolutely terrified.