Monday, June 18, 2012

June IHSW

It was handsome helpful Boyfriend's order that I hermit this weekend, so what's a girl to do? I dug out my stitching, cat-proofed it, and went to work!

Before:


After:

A Tiny Rose Garden Mandala by Chatelaine Designs (freebie)
Stitching on 32 count hardanger
2 threads over 2
DMC, Thread Gatherer Silk n' Colors, and Mill Hill Seed Beads


I'm thinking I'll most likely finish by the end of the week! Beads and all.

Texas so far has been not bad, apart from the whole sick cat fiasco. Boyfriend is at his first day of work right now and I'm at home, job hunting. Might have a potential lead, granted it's for an unpaid position but in this economy, experience is sometimes more valuable than an actual paycheck, so cross your fingers for me! In a little while I have to go to the store to get things for dinner and then I have to clean up a little bit.

This may sound kind of pathetic but I've forgotten what it's like to be on my own. For the past year I've lived at my parent's house and although it wasn't a free ride, so to speak, I didn't have nearly the responsibility I should have had. Living with Boyfriend is great, too, since he's actually super helpful around the house. He washes dishes, vacuums, and does basically anything I ask him to do if I'm feeling overwhelmed, which lately I've been feeling quite a bit. Understandable, I think. I've come to realize that Texas is kind of like another country where everyone speaks English, and I don't mean that in a bad way. It was like that when I went to Iceland, too. The land is completely different than in California. People drive differently, the cars are different, customs and culture, people, stores, everything. The common denominator is that everyone speaks English. It's an interesting experience, without a doubt, and not a bad one, just will take some time getting used to.

Until then I will stitch, clean, cook, and look for a job until I find one. I'm excited to go back to work, even if it would be in a volunteer or part-time position, especially considering I start school soon! Signed up for classes last week.

Hopefully I'll be back soon with a finish! Catching up on blogs, too, by the way - I haven't abandoned you all!

Thanks for stopping by and happy stitching!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks great! I'm glad that the transition is going a lot more smoothly now. You got lucky that your boyfriend helps out a lot. Maybe you could get him to teach my husband some tips. He does stuff sometimes but not much!

Diane (di) said...

I enlarged the pic, Ewa and it's so pretty. Beads are gonna make it sparkle like crazy.

Transitioning and change are always tough, but I'm holding you in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully you and your boyfriend will find something soon. (fingers and toes crossed) :)

Anonymous said...

Your stitching looks beautiful!
Your BF sounds lovely, helping about the house.
I hope you get used to your new life soon.

Pauline said...

Your mandala is good groing!

Unknown said...

You got some great stitching in this weekend, its looking great, hope you settle in well in Texas.

Anonymous said...

Your stitching looks excellent =)
I hope that you can manage to find a job and Texas and I am happy to read that you are doing well there

Unknown said...

Your mandela is looking very good, i hope that the cats are behaving them selfs.

Good luck with the job hunting, i keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hugs Yvon.

Keebles said...

Great work! You really got a lot done!

sharine said...

I'm going to have to get your bf to talk to my dh. Your stitching looks beautiful as always!

Melissa said...

Good luck with your job hunt!

Great progress on your rose mandala. I can't wait to see your finish :)

Bea said...

The mandala looks fantastic.

Good luck with the job hunting - it's never fun.

Unknown said...

Never been to Texas, but I do believe each of our states, regions have a whole history, and culture - it is so intersting to me, Blessings

Julie said...

Your Mandala is looking very pretty.
Good luck on the job front.
The apartments looking nice and you done a good job on the haggling. :)

Cathy said...

So good to hear that you're doing well. Glad you made it to Texas ok. Good luck with the job hunt. Keep on stitching -- your WIP looks great!
Cathy

Veronica said...

Beautiful stitching, Ewa. Hmm... How do you cat-proofed stitching? Am curious.

Good luck with the job hunting.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Maureen said...

You got a fair bit of stitching done over the weekend - love the colours in this piece.

I can imagine with America being so vast that whole regions will seem like different countries. In comparison the UK is tiny but even the differences between areas here can be quite marked.

Glad you are settling in after your three day trek to get there - that's pretty far away, thinking about it if I drove for three days from Scotland I would end up about the middle of Spain, certainly puts it in perspective!

The Crafty Princess said...

Beautiful stitching Ewa. I love the colours in this one. It sounds like everything is going well so far. I hope bf keeps up with the support but he has always sounded amazing so no probs there. I hope he enjoyed his first day at work and good luck with the job hunt. You're right earning experience will only help to get a better pay check in the long run. Keep smiling it's exciting times for the two of you. xox

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching. good luck in the job hunt.