Thursday, August 2, 2012

WIPocalypse, the Eighth Coming, Greek update, and more!

I'll  start with the WIPocalypse updates.

"College of Magical Knowledge" before WIPocalypse:


Last WIPocalypse:


Now:



College of Magical Knowledge by James Christensen from Heaven and Earth Designs
Stitching on 25 count antique white evenweave
1 thread over 1 with DMC


"Mario" before WIPocalypse:


Last WIPocalypse and Now:



Mario - darklilac.com self-made chart
Stitching on 22 count white Aida
2 threads over 1 with DMC


"Riding the Wave" before WIPocalypse:


Last WIPocalypse and Now:


"Middle Earth" before WIPocalypse:


Last WIPocalypse and Now:



Middle Earth from Heaven and Earth Designs
Stitching on 25 count antique white evenweave
1 over 1 with DMC


"Greek Mandala" was not started before WIPocalypse.

Last WIPocalypse:


Now:



Greek Mandala by Chatelaine Designs
Stitching on 32-count antique white Belfast
2 over 2 with DMC, various silks, petite treasure braid, delica beads, and Swarovski crystals


There's my update for Greek Mandala, which I've been working on for the last week. Not much, but getting there. I'm glad the edges of my border met up! I've been working a lot lately. In fact, I'm scheduled for practically every day in August except Sundays because we're closed. Besides Sundays I have a grand total of 4 days off in August. Tomorrow is one of those days, so I'm going to make an attempt to get my car re-registered (wish me luck!). Besides working an insane amount (part time, huh?) I've also started school so, to be honest, I'm surprised I got as much done as I did! But I'm happy with the progress. Still a lot of cross stitches to go and then specialties but getting there! That gap on the right side of the border is supposed to be there - part 3 fits in there.

The next item up in my list is I was a bad bad BAD girl. I got my first paycheck and, with the encouragement of Handsome Helpful Boyfriend, I picked a chart and bought it. May I present to you Thomas Cole's "The Past" by Golden Kite:


I was going to get "The Present" but decided I liked this one more. If you're going to buy a Golden Kite just be aware, this pattern is 105 pages. I'm not even kidding. The grids are larger than an HAED, though but still - when I saw that 105 pages I nearly had a heart attack. Still waiting on the fabby sample from Crafty Princess so no new start yet... but soon probably!

And last, but not least, here's a picture of my finished living room:


Still working on the other rooms. Been working a lot and Handsome Helpful Boyfriend was gone for 2.5 weeks on a rig in New Mexico. But he's back now and as Handsome and Helpful as ever! We're finishing up the rest of the apartment together.

Watching The Dark Knight now with Boyfriend in preparation of The Dark Knight Rises so I hope you all have a wonderful and stitchy night!



17 comments:

sharine said...

You have made great progress.Good luck with your car.It's a bit of a pain huh?

Unknown said...

You did a lot,i hope you enjoy watching the movies.

Hugs Yvon.

cucki said...

Great progress on all your wips..
Good luck with your car xxx

♥ Nia said...

Great great progress!! :D
I'm loving to watch College grow! Beautiful :)
Hugs&smiles

The Crafty Princess said...

Wow Ewa you have done a lot in the month. Great work stunner.

The fabby is on it's way to you already, hopefully it will be in your hands early next week. I didn't send as a parcel but a padded letter as I know you've been having dramas with your deliveries of late so hopefully this will go through easily and quickly at your end.

I love the GK chart you picked and I agree I prefer it to the Present as well. Don't worry about the 105 pages I know it makes you breathless when you first get it but the one I'm doing really stitches up quite fast. I think due to blended colours there is less confetti so it's fine don't panic LOL!!! I love it.

Take care stunner xox

P.S Let me know how you get on with the 22ct

StitchyDon said...

105 pages !!!!!! WOW !!!, it is such a beautiful picture I am not surprised you picked it. Considering how much you have been doing, you have managed to do loads !!

Donna

http://donnascrossstitch.blogspot.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

I love your progress in all your projects!! I love the college one. BUT I love your new one!!

Unknown said...

Your living room looks wonderful - HHBoyfriend works on a rig, oh my goodness, that's a WOW for me. Your stitching is awesome, school and work - you go Girl... Looking forward on your next update

Anne said...

Fabulous progress on all your WIP's! I'm surprised with all that working, moving, hanging out with handsome helpful bf that you have time to stitch!! I was on Golden Kite last night oogling all their patterns and wow, they are intense! That new chart is amazing and holy cow...105 pages?!?!! That'll take some time but will be gorgeous when done! Hugs

Jan said...

Wow! That is a lot of progress. Those are so smoking needles.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

LOL at Melinda! Does HHB wear rigger boots? I used to have such a "thing" for them! LOL.

College is looking amazing, have you reached the right hand side yet or is there another page to go?

Unknown said...

Looks like this will be a busy month for you - wishing you lots of strength with school and work!

Greek Mandala is looking very pretty, and so is your living room. :)

Melissa said...

Wow! You made a lot of progress, especially on Middle Earth.

Good luck with your job and school :)

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Great progress I love your pieces

Anonymous said...

Great progress on all your projects and I really love how you designed the living room =)

Everybody is coming up with Golden Kite's these days, I fear I will use my first paycheck for one as well (I am eying "The Valkyrie's Virgil") ;-)
One of my pen pals is stitching a Golden Kite now and her project has 195 pages! She is a really fast stitcher, but she says it's going to take ages ;-)
Anyway, I love the design you picked, it will be breathtaking when it's finishes (I believe in you to do that one day ;-) )

I hope your work leaves you with some life and time left for your boyfriend and stitching =)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow I'm always impressed with how much progress you make!!!!

Valentina said...

Nice update, with your work and the school and the house to hold, you've stitched a lot!!