Finished, minus the beads of course! Without further ado...
I can't BELIEVE how beautiful it is. The colors in the photo are somewhat washed out because I was too impatient to wait for natural light, and it's not perfect because I'm still very new at specialty stitches, but I do love the way that it has turned out. The whole mandala is going to be stunning when finished... you know... whenever that is. I do have to say, I'm very proud of myself.
I love it! Handsome helpful boyfriend helped me a lot by being very very supportive while I stitched this and whined.
Moving on, I start school tomorrow. BOOOOO. I'm not looking forward to it, but I will tackle it head-on. Here are some of my goals for this quarter:
1. Don't freak out. Take it one step at a time and one day at a time.
2. Don't procrastinate. Start working on a project early and finish it calmly. There's no point in leaving it until the last minute and freaking out about it.
3. Keep up with my discussion forums. I think this will be the most difficult part since it's what I enjoy least.
4. Take every opportunity to keep up with my reading.
5. Make an effort to stitch every night, even if it's just an hour.
I know I know, kind of difficult but when I have structure I work better so there it is. And I know that Handsome Helpful Boyfriend always helps me out when I'm in school - makes dinner, brings me tea, gives me foot rubs, brings me treats, whatever I need.
And finally I set up some goals for 2013. I don't know how successful I'll be, but again, I work better with structure, so here goes:
Finish College of Magical Knowledge
Finish Riding the Wave
Finish "Secret Stitch"
Finish Santa and the Mouse
Finish Woodhouse Ornament
Mario pages 13-21
Medieval Shelf pages 1-6
Middle Earf pages 2-6
Greek Mandala parts 1-6
First 10 colors of Empress
Parrot pages 1-10
6 coffee cups
The coffee cups are an Alessandra Adelaide design my mom wants me to stitch for her several times into napkins. Which is cool. It'll be a fun and quick stitch to distract me from BAPs.
And with that I say goodnight. Work tomorrow and first day of school and I have to be ready to take on both, so that I have time for stitching, of course ;)