Sunday, March 6, 2016

Medieval Shelf #4

Heaven and Earth Designs has put into place a set of challenges for 2016, and I have decided to participate. I have a very specific way I like to stitch so I dedicated Randal Spangler's "Medieval Shelf" to completing the challenges, since I have started it but haven't stitched much on it.

The first challenge was to stitch 10 10x10 squares in a diagonal pattern. You can stitch in any direction you want, but the squares have to be touching each other on the corners.

Before:

After:

This wasn't really my style of stitching, but it's kind of fun to see sneak peeks of the pattern coming out. Some curtain, some books, a sash, the trophy cup with cookies in it. I'm putting this away for now but it will come out again at the time of the next challenge. Props to H³ for helping me pick which square to stitch next.

My stitching has been all over the place since I finished College. I've been incorporating a lot of knitting and crocheting projects I've been ignoring as well. The other stitching project I've been working on is the flapping parrot, but I'm so close to a page finish on that I'll just post when that's done.

Other than that it has just been my regular life of work and running after the dog. She's a bit of a menace. But she is still a puppy (about 8 months old now) so that's to be expected. Calming down every day and whenever I go to the dog park and see how crazy the other puppies are I'm pretty happy that her energy levels aren't quite that high.

So, with that, happy stitching, everyone!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome job with the challenge :)

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Great work with the challenge an interesting way of looking.

Linda said...

It looks great Ewa.

Linda

EvalinaMaria said...

Well done!
Evalina, This and that..., Random Act of Stitching Kindness

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great design you've chosen. It's been fun seeing all the different diagonals.

Rachel said...

Anything that helps you stitch on any project is a bonus and I really love Randal Spangler's dragons so look forward to seeing more of this one throughout the year... and beyond! :)

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Great progress =) I love this project and I hope to see more of it soon =)

The Crafty Princess said...

Hey stunner
I'm doing the challenge too. The next one is cross country stitching so it may be more to your style. Love this chart and it's a good idea to keep one chart for the challenge.

Looking forward to the next one too.

xo Alicia