Saturday, July 2, 2016

Medieval Shelf 8

Well, I didn't make it in time for the challenge. I ended up working about 14 hours of overtime in the span of a few days due to a huge project. My days looked something like this:

Get up at 5, log on, work from home.
Leave the house and get to work by 8:30.
Stay in the office until 8 or 9.
Get home about 9:30.
Work until 1:30.
Rinse, repeat.

Longest two weeks ever. But it's over now and I'm back to my regular work schedule. I don't mind working overtime but I only do it when I have to. Maintaining a healthy work/life balance is extremely important to me. So, until the next project (inevitably) comes along, I'll be working normal hours and coming home and stitching.

Another 10 hours of stitching and I'm really close to a page finish. But I'll be good and post a photo now instead of just stitching through because who knows when the next burst of overtime will be and how long it will take.

Before:

After:

Almost there!!

I hope everyone state-side has a great (and safe) 4th of July! H³ got our beastie a Thunder Shirt to help her get through it. The neighbors have been at it for two days now and she's completely passed out in her Thunder Shirt so I think it's working:

Happy stitching, everyone!

6 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That pesky real life getting in the way! At least you'll have some great overtime money to spend on stash soon.

What is a thunder vest? Very curious!

Heather said...

Wow nice progress your schedule is crazy!

Linda said...

Awesome progress Ewa. Your beastie looks very relaxed.

Linda

demeter83 said...

You can see the difference, that's all I ask for, especially when I've done a lot of over time.
Looking cute!

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Lovely =) I'm glad you have more time for stitching and yourself now =) The little dragon looks so cute, I can't wait to see him finished =)

The Crafty Princess said...

I didn't make the challenge either. Phew I was exhausted just reading your schedule. I'm surprised you got anything else done. Lil Draggie looks great.
I've read about these thunder shirts I guess they work a treat. I do feel for our fur babies during these celebrations.
xo Alicia