I finished the first ten hours on Celestial Dragon last week, but then was caught up in Halloween costume-making and didn't get a chance to post. But, the costume is done, the Halloween party at work was a success, and now I can go back to stitching.
So here it is, the first ten hours on Joan Elliott's "Celestial Dragon"
- It's stitched on Picture This Plus "Meditate" (28 count, 2 over 2)
- SPARKLY THREADS
- There will be lots and lots of beads
It's a fun and easy quick stitch, divided up into four pages so I'll keep going until I have the first quarter page done. There's four or five different colors of Kreinik in the whole pattern so I'm hoping those will show up eventually. There will also be two different colors of beads, but I'll stitch those in at the end along with the french knots and backstitching.
I mentioned working on my Halloween costume. Well, here it is. The great reveal (for those who haven't seen it on Facebook):
click here for a hint. The costume was H³'s idea, but I didn't get started making it until about three days before the work party. Whoops. The robes and gauntlets are made from scratch and underneath, to black out my face, I'm wearing a black morph suit. Suffice it to say I freaked the hell out of everyone at work, made them quite uncomfortable, and had a great time doing it. Most people didn't know it was me.
I hope everyone has a happy and safe Halloween. And happy stitching!