Saturday, November 25, 2017

Greek Mandala #18 (Parts 1-4 done)

Before:

After:


I finished part 4 of the Greek Mandala! H³ has chosen the flapping parrot as the next stitch. Not sure if I mentioned this but together we have worked my WIP list down to 6 active stitches. Whenever I finish one, I'll rotate another one I've started, and so on. We'll see how this whole thing works out but probably better in terms of seeing measurable progress but on fewer projects. So stay tuned for the flapping parrot.

If you're wondering if I worked over the Thanksgiving holidays the answer is, of course, yes. I was told not to log on by the partners. Then we realized (at 9:30 on Wednesday night) that there was a filing that was due Wednesday that I didn't make on time (that's the official story, whatever). So I have to make it on Friday. I log on Friday and immediately get "I need this today!" e-mails (not filing related). I respond with "It's a holiday, I'll do it Monday." To which I get the classic, "okay, tell me who's working today and I'll ask them because I don't know how to _____." When I was done with all the things I passive aggressively shut down my computer before more e-mails could come in. I've been playing video games and stitching since. NO REGRETS. Until I come in on Monday.

Funny story, though, as I was taking the progress photos I had closed to door so the dog wouldn't come in and step on the stitching. She noses the door open anyway and waltzes in. I protected the stitching and made her sit/stay until I was done. This is the result:

Happy Thanksgiving from all of us over here, even our furry little monster (it's her favorite day of the year, after all), and happy stitching!

5 comments:

Linda said...

It looks great Ewa.

Linda

Bekah said...

Great progress. Crazy about work, do you often have a holiday staff or do you normally (optimistically) shut down?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great progress on the Mandala, but how annoying about work! Retail is bad because we only get 2 guaranteed days off each year (Christmas Day and Easter Sunday) but at least I don't have to sell books if I am not scheduled to work!

The Crafty Princess said...

LOL Bless Xena she's adorable and just wants to be part of it all. Congrats on completing part 4 and also for being firm with those blasted unending emails. Proud of you stunner. Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving regardless.
xo Alicia

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Lovely work on you Mandala and I am really looking forward to see your parrot, I absolutely love the design! =) Great to hear that you had a wonderful and stitchy Thanksgiving =)