Saturday, November 4, 2017

Greek Mandala #17

So, first of all, NOT DEAD! Still blogging! Things have just taken an unexpected turn. Work has been busy, as always, but I also "noped" out on vacation out of the country for 2.5 weeks. Since I have the kind of job that requires people to cover for me, I felt compelled to line things up as well as I could so I wouldn't be dumping on people, which meant long hours finishing things up. I went dark for the 2.5 weeks I was in Poland, vacationing and having a great time (check out my Instagram for photos), and when I came back it was to a total $h!7storm at work. I've been working every night and weekend since.

On top of that pretty much everyone I know is pregnant so I've been ass-deep in baby blanket knitting.

But, there will always be work, and I just can't look at another knit-stitch right now, and this weekend I'm TIRED. So I stitched. For the first time in a long time. And guess what! I finished the third corner of Greek Mandala.

Before:

After:

Slowly but surely the Mandala grows! One more corner and it will be time to rotate to the next stitching piece.

Life in general has been interesting. I turned 31 in August. I'm becoming a bit disenchanted with work. Not sure how to really handle that. H³ and I are starting to look into buying a house but the market in the Bay Area is insane, to say the least. Vacation was magnificent, but I'm all stressed out again.

I do have a new project going, which has taken up a lot of my time recently. I've been writing fiction since I was about 9 years old. I'm not good. I just enjoy it. Then I met some other people who enjoy it. Then we created a blog where we decided to serialize our writing and publish it. I write under a pen name, but you can find our work here. I hope you enjoy it. And if you don't then... I don't know. Don't keep reading, I guess.

With that, I'm going to go do some stuff. Stitching. Or knitting. Or writing. Definitely not working.

Happy stitching, everyone!

8 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice to see you back. Mandala is looking awesome!
I do hope you can get the work issues sorted, you're at work so much you need to enjoy your job.
I'll pop over and read the blog but won't throw tomatoes if I don't enjoy it!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well that totally freaked me out before I started reading!
We went to a funeral on Friday and this was the song they played for the coffin to enter the chapel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANNqr-vcx0
White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane.
OK, back to reading now!

Bekah said...

Great work on the stitching. Glad that you enjoyed your vacation. Would it be possible to change your job, it sounds a bit like the beginning of the end. I will check out your writing.

Keebles said...

It's nice to have you back but I get the whole work craziness...it's that time of year for me with no vacation!

Linda said...

It's beautiful Ewa.

Linda

Rhona said...

Your stitching is looking amazing! Glad you had a good vacation. I'm off to check out your writing....if you enjoy doing it, keep doing it - that's what I tell my daughter who writes too!

The Crafty Princess said...

Hey stunner,
Great to see you back to your stitching and back in blogland. Loving your Mandala and cheering you on to complete the last corner. It is just too beautiful for words so far. I get exhausted reading about your job requirements. Nothing worse than coming back from a vacation and having to face that proverbial storm.

I'm so happy to hear that you are doing things for Ewa though, I mean she is your first priority. Have fun.

Going to pop over and have a read.

xo Alicia

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Hi Ewa, nice to hear from you again, I dearly missed your updates, but your fabulous progress on Greek Mandala makes up for the wait =)

Don't let those people at work get you down, maybe they were just jealous that you could go on such a wonderful vacation (which you totally earned!) and they couldn't and they completely forget about the fact that they need someone to cover for them when they are away... I hope things will calm down again, so you can find more time for your stitching an knitting and writing (since I love reading, I am going to check out that blog) =)