Saturday, July 29, 2017

Greek Mandala #16

This part took me a little longer than the previous, but I think it's looking fantastic! And since I had to take it off the scrolls to get to the next corner, here's a photo!

Before:

After:

On the work front, however, I had to quit my promotion. Things hit the fan about two weeks ago and I decided that it wasn't worth it. Three months of the hardest work I've ever done and pulling the craziest hours I've ever pulled. Two 200+ billed months in a row and I was on track for July being the same. Then some things happened and H³ asked me to quit. So I did. And now I'm back to doing what I did before, and what I do best. And I'm so much happier for it.

We have also booked a vacation to Poland - 2.5 weeks of no work and fun travel. Can't wait.

On that note, I'm going to go play some video games (Witcher III!). Happy stitching, everyone!

4 comments:

Linda said...

What a gorgeous project Ewa. I do miss your BAP updates. Good for you on the job.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous work on Greece, such wonderful buildings.
Good for you on the job decision. Sometimes no amount of money is worth that amount of stress. Have a wonderful time in Poland.

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

I think H^3 is completely right, no job is worth it if you suffer or burn out! And since you are a wonderful, charming and educated lady, I am sure you will be able to find something else which will make you much happier =)

Lovely work on Greek Mandala, I love to see all those little motifs appear =)

Justine said...

Great update on this Mandala, I really like the designs around the central square.

Your work changes sound positive, I hope this works for you. Money isn't everything and hopefully this way you will be happier.