Sunday, April 5, 2020

Once Upon a Fairy Tale SSMC 001

My SAL with Lesli ended, a new month started, and I'm back to my queue (Legendary Creatures SAL from 2018 - July).

I realize I didn't post the SAL photo after February's round but I'm posting one now. So here is roughly two weeks of stitching, granted I didn't get a lot of stitching time in February. It was before the shelter-in-place order went into effect and I had a lot of plans. March was quite different. So, without further ado, here is my progress on page 33 of Aimee Stewart's Once Upon a Fairy Tale:

This is outside my typical realm of comfort as I'm stitching it on 28-count instead of 25-count but since it's SSMC I figured it's still going to be huge and the piece is so detailed that 28-count would work well. Either way, here it is. I'm really enjoying stitching on it so far. Aimee's shelves are great because you usually don't have a huge expanse of sky to get through but instead get to see details emerge on every page. I started on page 33 because a whole lot of people are stitching this and I wanted to start somewhere not a lot of people were stitching, just for a change of pace. Not sure which page I'll move on to from here, but I'll let H³ decide which course to take.

I'll post an update from Legendary Creatures when that's done. I've stitched one of three letters for the July portion and I realize I also haven't updated the progress on that one in a few months so it looks quite different from the last time I posted.

Besides that life is fine, albeit a little frustrating. H³ are both homebodies to an extent so staying at home isn't a huge change of pace. We miss our friends and seeing our family. We did a zoom meeting for his mom's birthday a few days ago. His birthday is coming up soon, too. We've been expanding our board game collection, at least with games for 2+ players and passing the time doing that. I've been reading but as I still have my job I've also been working normal hours. I had my annual review on Friday which went well so it seems I'll have my job for a while longer. I am concerned, of course, but taking things one day at a time.

I hope you are all well and staying safe. Happy stitching!

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on Fairy Tale. I like the designs where you can see the picture emerge right away.
Of course your review was good, you are an asset to any company! I was due a promotion but I am not sure that will happen now as we will be saving every penny when we do go back.