Saturday, March 25, 2017

Library Adventures #7

Here's one I haven't worked on in a while, although that can probably be said of most of my WIPs at this point: Library Adventures by Randal Spangler.

Before:

After 10 hours:

I have missed stitching so much and now that I'm back into it, it feels so good. I usually knit during the week after work if I have time for it. I'm training for two half marathons right now and possibly a marathon so sometimes I get home pretty late and by the time I settle in it's usually too late to pull all my stitching out. But I can pick up with my knitting where I left off and then have little stitching marathons on the weekend.

I actually took a personal day on Monday (I paid for it Friday night and I'll pay for it again on Tuesday) but it got to the point where I just needed a day all for myself with no work. I have already booked a mani/pedi for Monday morning and then I plan to do some shopping, maybe hang out at a coffee shop and write for a bit, and stitching until I can't see straight. Throw some video games in there, too. And today I have to go for a run, hit up the BevMo $0.05 wine sale, and then we're going to go play board games at a friend's. Stitching now while my breakfast settles before going out for a run.

All in all, life is pretty okay right now. Work is still work and there is SO MUCH of it. I can't keep up. I think one of these days I'm just going to have to work until I get through everything in my inbox and then it will feel like a fresh start. Right now I have so many things outstanding my head is spinning.

One thing at a time.

Happy stitching!

5 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great progress on this piece.
I think you need an assistant! Or file everything in your in-tray in the special circular out-tray you probably have under your desk. If it was important they will send it to you again! Not that I EVER did that, oh no, not me. Not unless it was over 6 months old and had a spider web on it!

Linda said...

Great progress Ewa. Hope work settles down for you.

Linda

The Crafty Princess said...

Whoa you got alot done in 10 hours. Good job, it looks great!

I absolutely love the day you have planned for Monday. Sounds awesome, a nice mixture of pampering, relaxation, and fun. I hope it goes well you sound like you need it, poor thing.

As for work, you hit the nail on the head. One thing at a time. Stressing about everything you have to do is futile and unproductive. You got this Ewa, have faith stunner. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself and glad that you are finding some time for stitching

Bekah said...

Great to see you back and stitching. Good luck with you job, I hope it starts to reach a steady point instead of piling up.

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Lovely work on Library Adventures =) I hope you could enjoy a nice, quiet and stitchy day =)