Sunday, September 16, 2018

Wizard's Implements - 001

10 hours of stitching on The Wizard's Implements is complete and I have some progress to share but it feels pitiful:


The whole chart has a total of 216,825 stitches. Of those, 105,413 are black. That's 48.61% of the chart. By the time I finish stitching the first color, I will be almost halfway done with the chart.

I'm going to be stitching black for quite a while. H³ has asked me to stitch in his "spiral" method, working inwards. So that's what you see above for page 1. Slow and steady progress!

Also, I didn't realize this since I got the kit as a gift, but this is 28-count fabric. It's an interesting switch from 25-count but it's definitely smaller. I think I prefer my 25-count but I'll stick with this until the end.

Since I'm very behind on my Legendary Creatures Alphabet SAL I'm going to do the next letter now for May.

On the iPad front I bought the iPad and I got the GoodReader app and I love it! It's working out very well for me and I'm quite satisfied with my purchase.

Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Linda said...


What an interesting way of stitching Ewa. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

Linda

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Wow, so much black! I absolutely love the design and I am happy you ware working on it. Your way of stitching looks interesting, but I think if you have so much of one color, you need a way to keep the thing interesting. If I imagine stitching all that black row by row, I think I would go mad :D So you can spiral your way through all the pages ^^

The Crafty Princess said...

H³ is brilliant!!! What a great way to deal with all that black. I know it can be monotonous but sometimes mindless stitching can be relaxing.

Love this chart and looking forward to the next 10 hours of progress

xo Alicia

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

You have a Good Start on your WIP....just remember it may be going slow at the moment because you are doing all Black. I have one WIP that is mostly all black.

Your Stitching is just beautiful. Hope to see more progress on this. I am anxious to see more of this.

I love Reading your Blog.

Happy Stitching

Have A Lovely Day

Linda K, Buttercup