Saturday, May 18, 2019

Still Life with Parrot 18

Apparently I haven't posted since November of last year. I've lost my stitchy bug a bit and I've been knitting a lot more but crafting just hasn't really called to me lately. That being said, I did manage to stitch another 10 hours on Flapping Parrot.

Before:

After:


I'm really starting to gravitate to the one-at-a-time extreme-cross-country stitching method but I know I have a lot of WIPS on the go right now. I want to say that I'll finish them all up before I start something new but I won't because I don't want to out myself as a liar.

I definitely need to stitch more, though. My life has taken an extra stressful turn as of late and I need to find ways to keep myself relaxed and unwind. I tend to throw myself into work which is just too easy to do. There's always more work to do and I'm good at it so everyone takes opportunity to load as much on me as possible. I haven't been working any overtime lately, though, which has helped but life still has its way of stressing me out. So stitching needs to be a thing.

H³ and I go to visit my in-laws fairly often and they live up in beautiful Marin. I used to lug all my stitching stuff over there but then I'd forget things like the chart, a hoop, threads, etc. So now I have a dedicated "Marin" pattern I'm working on and no more carrying things back and forth and forgetting. I'm not posting progress photos of that project, though I will post a completed photo once I'm there.

Apologies for the big gaps in posting. C'est la vie.

Happy stitching!

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice to see a post from you anyway, even if there's not been so much progress.

Looking forward to seeing the Marin project, hopefully soon.

The Crafty Princess said...

Woo Hoo so good to see you here again. I've been thinking about extreme cross stitching too. Quite a few people in my various fb groups do it and it looks like it is a super fast way to stitch. And you're not a liar, you just changed your mind like us humans do. So if you feel like a new start, I say go for it.

It's the way of the beast, if you're good at something, people load you up. But I'm glad that you've pulled back on the over time at least. I think there needs to be more Ewa time so that you can post about all your shenanigans LOL!

Just relax, and stitch honey. Are you going to share with us what the Marin project is or do we have to wait till it's finished?
xo Alicia