Sunday, June 9, 2019

Still Life With Parrot 19

I figured out a solution to my lack of stitchy desire - Instagram! Don't get me wrong - I love my blog and I do intend to keep it going. But blogging takes a lot of effort: taking a photo, resizing it, setting up the post, updating all the files where I keep my stitchy photos, etc. Instagram is effortless and I just snap a photo at the end of each night's stitching and post. It takes me MAYBE 30 seconds. And then when I'm not feeling motivated or like I'm not making progress I just look through my old posts and I see the progress easily.

So, I've set up an Instagram page where I update my stitching progress at the end of each night's stitching. I don't stitch every night but I do make an effort and when I do stitch I try to stitch more than 100 stitches in one sitting. I'll still be updating me progress here for every 10 hours of stitching, but if you're on Instagram and interested, feel free to follow me here. The photos are a little more close up but I'll be posting a full photo at the end of every "color" (since I'm now stitching a modified ECC version by row).

That being said, here are the next 10 hours of stitching.

Before:





After:




My stitching mojo is now in overdrive (as you might see from the progress). I'm almost done with this color, will probably finish it tonight, and then H³ will have to pick the next color I stitch.

All I want to do is stitching all day, every day, which is a bit of a problem when I have a lot of work to do! But maybe this means I'll clear out some of my stitching backlog. Finish this year? Maybe! I'm hoping to finish H³'s Secret Stitching project by Christmas. I can't post photos since he reads this blog and follows the Instagram but once it's complete and in his hands I'll be sure to post a photo in all its glory.

Until next time, Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I don't do Insta, it takes me enough time catching up with blogs! But if it's inspiring you to stitch then it's a good thing.

Maria Jesus said...

It's so sad, the blog is dead, yet! When i start in this lovely word, met a lot of people thanks for theirs blogs, now the people close the blogs.
Well share you for insta if I can, kisses!

The Crafty Princess said...

I thought I was following on insta. All good I am now. Love your progress. I spy a row finish in the near future. Good job stunner.
xo Alicia

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

How funny - I just signed up to Instagram for the same reason :D So you have another stalker now :D I'm still trying to find my way around there, but I imagine it to be a lot less effort to share my progress with the world ;-)

Great work on Parrot, I love that project =)

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

I've found that too. It's so much easier to post updates on Instagram they don't have to be quite as staged. Though blogging is a different level of fun but not quite as quick. I'm going to follow you on Instagram.