Monday, October 17, 2011

IHSW - October

Hello and welcome to all my followers - new and old alike! Wow 72 people actually read my senseless babble. I appreciate each and every one of you guys :)

This weekend was IHSW which I participated in, though not as much as I would like. Last Tuesday I got a migraine that lasted through until the end of Wednesday and has been giving me trouble ever since. Also, I was "crankers" as Boyfriend puts it. So not as much stitching was done as I would have liked. I did, however, FINALLY pick a color to paint my bedroom. It's a Kelly Moore color called Colcannon and it's kind of a sage-y green. I like it because it's happy and springlike but calming at the same time. I went through so many samples it was comical by the end. I currently have 9 different colors painted on my walls in an attempt to make the decision. But when Colcannon went up I kept going back to it, so I know I made the right choice.

I also signed up for the gym this weekend. Before I quit my job and moved out here I belonged to a gym, had a personal trainer, and went running with Boyfriend three times a week. Now I'm lucky if I go running on my own twice a week. So this weekend I picked myself up and signed up for gym membership. My goal is to lose 15 pounds.

Anyway, enough of that, on to the stitching!

Before:


After:


There's a total of four colors stitched in now!

Alright well, I bought two video games today: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones. $20 all together so not too bad, really. I suppose I should test them out ;)

Also, I'm grossly behind on blogs. I'm progressively catching up but my comments may appear a bit slowly. Sorry guys! I'm working on it!

Happy stitching!

12 comments:

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

That's quite a lot done on that so far :D That is the one thing turning me off the middle earthy HAED the large amount of brown!

Anonymous said...

Ewa,
You got a lot more done than I did. My weekend turned into chores. :(

It looks great! Keep it up!

Bec said...

Oh I hate migraines!
I get them all the time, lasting up to 15days! Hope yours had gone away now :)

lovely progress. looking forward to seeing more! :D

Diane (di) said...

Oh no, hope you're feeling better Ewa. I can definitely see the progress you made on your IHSW weekend though. Great job!

Lonneke said...

You made good progress considering you were not feeling well. I would have a hard time with all the browns, but I can't wait to see more. I think it is going to be gorgeous.
Hope you feel better soon

Anonymous said...

I just love Lord of the Rings and Middle Earth, but like the others, all the brown is what is keeping me from buying it. I can't wait to see how it stitches up. Great progress and hope your migraine is well and truly gone now.

Unknown said...

Nice progress, especially since all those stitches in the same colour must get pretty boring after a while!

Don't worry about the commenting, I have over 100 blogs on my Google Reader list, and it would take me forever to always comment on all of them! So I only comment when I really have something to say, and I totally understand if other people do the same with my blog. After all, we do need some time for stitching too! :D

missy-tannenbaum said...

Oh, that looks like a lot of progress, and like it was difficult to work on, too! Good luck continuing, and congrats on the game shopping deals, too!

Joysze said...

That's a lot done, Ewa!! :D

Man, I'm behind on blogs too.... sloooooooooowly making my way through.

Anne said...

Looks like you did a lot this weekend. Hope your migraines go away :(

Tama said...

It looks great! I REALLY want to stitch that someday, but for now I will live vicariously :D
Hope you feel better!

Lissanne said...

That looks like a lot of progress! Looking great!